jpozners Icon Posted by Jennifer L Pozner

November 17th, 2010

Event Reminder: $h*t My TV Says: Revealing Gender & Race in Reality TV & Pop Culture

…an evening with Jennifer L. Pozner, author of Reality Bites Back: The Troubling Truth About Guilty Pleasure TV, and entertainment journalist Janice Rhoshalle Littlejohn, contributor to the L.A. Times, TV Guide, Essence, Emmy magazine and more. Moderated by Morgane Veronique Richardson of Refuse the Silence.

WHAT: Los Angeles Book Launch for Reality Bites Back

WHEN: Nov 17, 7:30 - 9:30

WHERE: Stories Books and Cafe, 1716 Sunset Blvd. Echo Park, CA 90026

Why are reality TV’s stock characters (The Desperate Bachelorette, The Angry Black Woman, The Douchebag Dude, etc.) so regressive? What are Frankenbites, and other behind-the-scenes open secrets in the reality TV industry? Why does pop culture culture reduce women and people of color to such limiting stereotypes? Find out in the town that creates them at the L.A. book launch for Reality Bites Back! Expect critical media commentary, revealing insights about gender, race and pop culture — and lots of laughs.

Free. Lively conversation among the presenters, with ample time for audience Q&A, followed by Jennifer L. Pozner signing her book, Reality Bites Back. And after: schmoozing. What could be better?

RSVP: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158988040798946 Be sure to arrive early to guarantee a seat — Stories is a small space and the event has a HUGE guest list.

Cosponsored by:
* WAM!-LA (Women, Action & Media)
* HollaBack SoCal
* Women In Media & News

9 Responses to “L.A. TODAY: “Sh*t My TV Says: Revealing Gender & Race in Reality TV & Pop Culture” with Jennifer L. Pozner, Janice Rhoshalle Littlejohn & Morgane Richardson”

1. ao so mi nu
    October 17th, 2013 08:42

Bo suu tap trang phuc so mi nu phai dep danh cho mua thu dong

2. Petronila Gerace
    February 26th, 2014 05:47

Hi there very nice site!! Guy .. Excellent .. Superb .. I’ll bookmark your website and take the feeds also…I’m happy to find numerous helpful information here within the publish, we need work out extra strategies in this regard, thank you for sharing.

3. nootropic nexus
    July 19th, 2014 10:57

I’ll gear this review to 2 types of people: new users who are considering a nootropic, and people trying to decide between which nootropic stack to buy. If you are new go with nootropil 800 for the others, you should already know :)

4. Rima Starratt
    August 6th, 2014 21:13

In this grand design of things you’ll receive an A+ just for hard work. Exactly where you actually confused me was on all the particulars. You know, as the maxim goes, details make or break the argument.. And it couldn’t be much more accurate in this article. Having said that, allow me tell you precisely what did give good results. Your text can be really convincing and this is probably why I am taking the effort in order to opine. I do not make it a regular habit of doing that. 2nd, while I can see a leaps in reason you make, I am not really certain of how you appear to unite your points which in turn make the actual final result. For right now I will yield to your issue but trust in the foreseeable future you actually link the dots much better.

5. Devon Magette
    September 7th, 2014 14:38

Anna Thank you SO much! I tried another page organizer with a slippery drag n’ drop [and try again and again] plus I hadda go back and forth to the WP All Pages dialog. This one is a piece o’ cake with everything together where it should be.As soon as I can spare some cash, I’ll send some your way.Thanks again, Jake! September 2, 2011 · Reply

6. voyage en thaïlande depart marocstream
    April 4th, 2015 14:07

Hi there absolutely everyone right here, the is several opinion speaking about anything at all in this article, hello admin please delete all those feedback!

7. Dwight Lacomb
    August 4th, 2015 23:48

This may not be the best place to ask this, but, I need Atlanta dentists and I have no idea where to look… do you have any info on this Atlanta dental care? They’reIt’s located Atlanta, near my home. I can’t find reviews on them - Exceptional Smile LLC, 4420 Bankers Cir, Atlanta, GA 30360 - (678) 841-8800

8. Valentine Torrence
    September 27th, 2015 01:54

But wanna state that this is very helpful , Thanks for taking your time to write this.

9. idesentupidorauberlandia
    May 9th, 2016 09:26

What’s up, this weekend is fastidious for me, because this occasion i am reading this enormous informative article here at my residence.